The most common AOL Gold problems and their solutions have been mentioned below:
This issue occurs when you are trying to download AOL Desktop Gold. You could receive an ‘error code 104’ or your system might freeze. So when this happens you need to execute the following steps:
- This issue occurs when you are trying to download AOL Desktop Gold. You could receive an ‘error code 104’ or your system might freeze. So when this happens you need to execute the following steps:
- You need to run whatever antivirus you have on your computer and scan the system. Because sometimes the presence of malicious malware and virus might stop software from installing.
- Secondly, clear out all junk files from your PC. Lack of space might be causing the problem of downloading desktop gold.
- Before you install the software make sure that your computer has all the basic requirements that is needed for the software to get downloaded.
- Update your pc and system drivers periodically to avoid such errors in the future.
- Restore your system setting changes if you have made any.
2. AOL Desktop Gold Login Problems
While trying to log in to your account, if you see error codes like Blerk! Gah! and Zoids!, or if your sign in page goes missing, it means that you are facing some log in problems. To get rid of this problem, follow the steps below:
- First start with the basics like clearing your junk, cache, cookies etc from your computer.
- If the problem still remains, change your browser or disable the firewall setting of the browser.
- To fix the problem of ‘missing sign-in’ screen you need to reset the web setting of the browser that you use to log in to your AOL desktop gold.
3. AOL Desktop Gold, not working / opening
When your desktop gold fails to launch or open you need to apply these steps below:
- If you have made any recent system changes to your PC, perform a system restoration.
- You also must disable the ‘add-ons’ as it forbids the startup of the software
- Make sure to check if your browser is blocking Active scripting, ActiveX and Java.
- If this problem is happening on your mobile phone then make some adjustments to the IMAP account setting.
4. AOL desktop Gold icon not responding/ Missing
When the AOL icon appears to be missing or if it does not respond when you click it, apply the steps below:
- First of all, apply some troubleshooting measures to the modem and router. After this go to network and sharing center to make the necessary adjustments.
- If that fails, remove all harmful software from your computer.
- Make sure that the shortcut icon has source files attached to it. If it doesn’t, recreate the shortcut from the system files.
- Try disabling your antivirus and firewall. Because these security software can sometimes cause AOL desktop gold to malfunction.
- You can also perform a windows system restore to fix this issue.
5. AOL Mail Problems
To solve AOL mail problems you must follow these instructions:
- Before doing anything, check the spam folder and make sure that your messages aren’t going to that folder.
- Make necessary changes to the IMAP and SMTP settings in your account.
- After that, you should check the ‘outgoing mail server’ settings and make necessary changes if needed.
- Removing the cookies and caches and history from the system, your AOL mail problem could get fixed.
6. AOL Password Recovery Problem
This is the most common problem out of all the listed problems and to fix this:
- You must type your current mail address with your name in the recovery field.
- Next, type in the last four digits of your card number to confirm ownership. Now type in your phone number or email address to retrieve the password.
These are some of the most common problems that AOL Desktop Gold faces on a daily basis and the steps provided are essential for resolving these issues. If you still face problems you must get in touch with the AOL support site.