In this digital age, one common issue which the users come across is when they lose their data or encounter data corruption. These days, people send numerous emails and messages on a daily basis, and some of these documents might be of great importance. AOL has given great importance to this aspect and ensures that users data is protected. Using the AOL ‘Saved on My PC’ filing cabinet the users can easily save the emails which they wish to protect. When you regularly keep the backup of this filing cabinet, you can then retrieve all the important emails during a situation where you accidentally delete the emails or even when your data goes corrupt. By going through this entire blog, you would get a clear understanding of how to recover AOL email and other data using ‘Saved on My PC’ backup option. The users also get the option of contacting AOL Customer Care Number, where they would get complete assistance on how to maintain a backup of your data.
Steps to retrieve email & other AOL Data
AOL provides its users with a feature of Personal Filing Cabinet; this filing system enables the users to save their emails on the system hard drive which would help them access those emails even when they are offline. This filing system comprises of a binary file type which would include stored email message, favorite places, data related to the download manages and further. The users can follow the steps given below to recover their AOL email data or any other important information which is stored using ‘Saved on My PC’ backup option:
- The users can use the screen name and then log in to their AOL.
- You can then open the ‘C’ drive and then further navigate to the ‘Application Data’ folder.
- Then you would have to access the ‘AOL’ folder and open the ‘organize’ section.
- Further, you would have to search for a file with the name ‘.adi.’
- You would then have to type a new name for the folder; it can be anything that you wish, for relevance the users can write ‘Organize Save’ and then click on continue.
- Now you open the folder which has the backup of your previous ‘Organize’ folder.
- The users can then press Ctrl+C option to copy the folder and then switch to the AOL window.
- Users can then navigate their mouse to highlight the ‘C-America Online 9.0’ folder.
- Once you are at a convenient location, you can use the Ctrl+V option to paste the folder wherever required.
If the users come across any issue while following the given steps to create a backup, then you can promptly connect with AOL Contact Number. By connecting with them, the users would get complete assistance on how to create the backup. This service is available throughout the day and is accessible through a toll-free number.