Basic Troubleshooting Steps to Fix Installation issue
- Make sure to download AOL Desktop Gold from a reliable source and it will be best if you download AOL Desktop Gold from the official website of AOL.
- Check the standard system requirements to install AOL Desktop Gold Software. Standard System requirements are as follows:
- Operating System: Windows 7 or higher.
- Screen Resolution: 1024 X 768
- Processor: 266MHz or better.
- Memory: 1GB RAM
- Hard Disk: At least 512 MB
- A good internet connection.
- Restart your computer and use an Anti-Virus software if your PC is engaging with a virus or malware.
Advanced Troubleshooting Steps to Fix Installation issue
If you are still dealing with the installation issue then you should try advanced tactics to solve this problem.
- Install AOL Gold Desktop as a normal user instead of as an administrator
- Disable all the blocking applications like Firewall, Windows Defender etc.
- Then restart your PC to update the changes you made.
- Then select the executable file in AOL Desktop Gold Folder and right click on it. Then in the coming option, uncheck the box beside “Run as Administrator”.
- Then try to install AOL Desktop Gold.
- What to do when computer screen show “Communication software is running and won’t allow AOL Gold installation” error?
- Without delaying any time press “Ctrl + Shift + Esc” keys on the keyboard. It will open the task manager.
- After that go to “Processes” tab and look for “waol.exe”.
- Right click on this file and choose to “End Process”.
- Above given steps should fix your AOL Desktop gold issue, but if you still face the same problem, then perform a clean boot in the windows.
How to perform a clean boot?
- Go to the search field and type ‘msconfig’ in that. After that select ‘system configuration’.
- After that click on ‘service’ tab. Then check all the boxes next to “Hide all Microsoft services”.
- Then choose “Disable all”. Then press “Ctrl + Shift + Esc” and select ‘startup’ tab in Task manager. Select each item and click “Disable”.
- Then restart your computer to update the changes.
3. AOL Error Code 104
It is one of the most common issues with AOL Desktop Gold. It occurs when you try to install AOL Desktop Gold. You can fix this issue with some simple troubleshooting steps.
- Check your HDD space. And delete some unwanted files if there is no space available.
- Check RAM space.
- Restart your computer.
- Disable Firewall or other blocking applications.
- Use antivirus and remove virus or malware.