Install AOL Desktop Gold to experience a trending email service provider that is ranked among the topmost email services in the world. Inter connectivity is a major aspect in the current world scenario. It is given a lot of importance as it plays a major role in people’s life. With several different mail services that are on offer, it is quite obvious that people would have various different email accounts. There are people who would use different email accounts for personal use and another account for their business news. A highly appreciated service that AOL desktop gold brings to the users is that it can be accessed using Microsoft Outlook. This facility of inter connectivity makes this software highly efficient and at the same time convenient. Even though this is an ideal service, there have been certain issues that the user encounters while accessing this. You might even find yourself in a similar position wherein you are unable to access AOL desktop gold using Microsoft Outlook. Going through this blog would give you a better understanding of how you can handle this situation.
Methods to resolve this issue
While trying to access your AOL Desktop Gold account using Microsoft Outlook, you must ensure that you have properly synced both your accounts. If this not done properly you would come across an issue while trying to access the account. Also, ensure that you have a strong and stable internet connection that is functioning on your system. It is highly important that you make sure that the server setting is fed into the software accurately. So there is no need to rush through things, take your time and get the work done precisely.
The steps to be followed are given below:
- Log in to your Microsoft Outlook account and navigate to the ‘Account Settings’
- Opt for the option of adding an account and chose the ‘Manual Setup or Additional Server types’
- Select the ‘IMAP or POP’ which every is suitable
- In the advanced settings option, fill in the below-given information
- Account type: IMAP
- Incoming Mail Server: imap.aol.com
- Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP): smtp.aol.com
- When you are confronted with the login information, use the AOL Desktop username and password to log in
- In the Outgoing server options, fill in the said information
- Incoming Server (IMAP): 993 or 143
- Incoming server encrypted connection: SSL
- Outgoing Server (SMTP): 587
- Outgoing server encrypted connection: TLS
After you have done the required changes, make sure that the information that you have added is accurate, mainly the info that is added to the Advanced settings. After you ensure this, you can close the program. Restart the system after you have closed the window as this would save all the changes that you have recently made. After you install AOL Desktop Gold if you want to access this account using Microsoft Outlook ensure to do this process as given above.